Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Treat One:
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup oats
3 cups flour
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the flour and oats.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, and peanut butter until combined.
Stir wet ingredients into dry.
4. Pour onto a floured surface and roll dough out to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutter.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
6. Let completely cool before giving to dog. Store in airtight container in freezer.
Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Treat Two:
1 cup oats
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup peanut better
Note: We quadrupled the recipe in order to use a full can of pumpkin puree.
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add the oats to a food processor and grind until they reach a fine powder. Add in the pumpkin and peanut better and blend until a sticky dough is formed.
3. Roll out on a floured surface. Cut with cookie cutter.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
5. Let completely cool before giving to dog. Store in airtight container in freezer.
Important Note: Be sure your peanut better does NOT contain Xylitol as this is toxic to dogs.
Other Helpful Blogs:
Home made Dog Treats: Applesauce & Carrot
Home made Dog Treats: Chicken & Yogurt
Summer Dog Snack
Trainer Tip: Human Food for your dog
Trainer Tip: Picking a good dog food
Trainer Tip: Save money on dog food
Trainer Tip: Begging